Friday, December 11, 2009

Project 5 Vocodex

For this project i had alot of trouble. I came up with a synth sounds using a sytrus sound i customized then put bass and drums under it. i couldn't find a loop i liked using the mp3 file share program that i was origionally using, so i found another web site where i could find FDR's inaugeral speech. I used the 'only thing we have to fear' part of the speech, then put it into edison, sidechained that to the vocodex, and then dragged it. Last i added a guitar solo using the slayer channel, i used the keyboard and the record tool to input it. I had worked on this project for a couple days, but every time i went to save this project, my computer froze. this cause my project to get deleted several times after i had spent an entire period working on it, but eventualy my computer co-operated and i now have it saved and completed.

5 comments:

  1. I get it. Project 6 is your vocoder, and project 5 is the sytrus / riff machine.
    I like this piece. Good balance in all of the parts, and a Mr. Crowley-esque chord progression with a guitar solo. Nice.
    The audio clips were used well, but I didn't hear too much processing from the vocoder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is amazing. the flow is great, and the speech added in made it feel really strong. the guitar solo is great how did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I thnk you did a really nice job with your bass because I could really hear it and it made the project flow better.Even though your voice wasnt vocoded too much, it still sounded really good. I agree with Ryder on the guitar solo, it was really good. I am also curious as to how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the guitar solo by using the keyboard, I played recorded a solo in A minor on the piano and had fl studio on the record setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Mr. Crowly. And that's a good thing

    ReplyDelete