Friday, December 11, 2009

Project 6, Sytrus

For this project, i used a customized sytrus synth with 3 operators, effects, and a filter. I used the riff machine to come up with two different parts that would be used through the sytrus. I used an A-A-B-A pattern. I came up with a somewhat busy bass line, which was very difficult to come up with because the riff machine's pattern was cool but very hard for me to follow the chord changes, so i tried to figure them out by ear and then i made the bass line using the ebass on the slayer channel and used the piano on the record setting to put in the bass line. the second riff machine pattern was much easier to follow and was easy to make a bass line, i also used the piano to write it. I decided that this project needed a more simplified part, so i added the simsynth and put in long drawn out notes to complement the intricate sytrus and bass part. Last i added a rock beat on the drums and some fills and ended the song with a layer with 5 different crash symbals

3 comments:

  1. When I hear this piece at first I thought the bass was too busy. either you simplified it or I've grown accustomed to it. Perfect AABA form. good balance among all the parts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey cool loop man, all the sounds fit together really well. However, i think it's a little too busy in the beginning and it makes it sound like the parts don't fit together well. other than that, really sweet loop!

    ReplyDelete