Thursday, October 29, 2009

project 4, automation

On this project I had alot of fun messing around with the automation effects. I came up with a basic minor line for the simsynth and then added a straight up rock beat from FPC. I added a drum fill every so often, sometimes four to eight bars apart, and added alot of reverb to the fill. I wrote out a middle part using the chop tool and a 3octave minor part. Then i added the automation. I used the sim cut envelope and the sim emphasis envelope first and put in different points and found what sounded good. After i did that i put in a panning automation that happens every other four bars for four bars. It gives the solo/midsection a bounce back effect i really like. Also, the way the cut and emphasis envelopes are set for the first part of the solo, it sound like a steel drum which i liked.

3 comments:

  1. That was incredible. All the automations were very smoothly put together. I can hear alot of automation effects in there, but it never goes overboard. I had to reposition my speakers to get the full effect of the panning. The drums could have been a slight bit louder. I liked the drum roll effect every few beats. Im guessing its some sort of echo/delay. The riffs were nice, I swear ive heard something like that in some symphonic metal song. I would definately listen to this on repeat (which I am while writting this comment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again..great job. All the automations were prefectly done with just the right amount of volume at just the right time. The drum roll that you had really spiced up your loop and I liked it a lot. Although it could have been a little louder in the beginning, it was still very good. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The panning is the coolest feature in this loop. I think it's very effective. The piece has a creepy element to it, and the automation intensifies the creepiness. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete